Dr. C. Que Hickerson
“Dynamic, prophetic and visionary” are words that have all been used to describe the Kingdom work of Rev. Dr. C. Que Hickerson. Driven by a mission to preach to the world and equipping individuals for the work of the ministry, he feels a true connection with God and the universal church believing that his own life’s mission is to share his gift with others.
Dr. Hickerson’s theological training includes the following:
- Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Pittsburgh PA
- Geneva College, Beaver Falls PA
- Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, Pittsburgh PA
Dr. Hickerson has an earned Doctorate of Ministry. He is also the recipient of several prestigious educational honors to include: The Paul T. Gerrard Prize in Homiletics and Pastoral Care and The Walter P. and Anna L. McConkey Prize in Homiletics. Dr. Hickerson has a growing list of certifications that are too numerous to mention.
Dr. Hickerson has successfully served 3 congregations in full-time pastoral leadership:
Resurrection Baptist Church, Braddock Pennsylvania.
- He served Resurrection Baptist Church for 6 years.
- He increased membership sevenfold, and established the church as a ministry center for the community.
- He led the congregation in the acquisition of a new worship facility and adjacent mixed use facility.
Destiny Baptist Church, Martinsburg West Virginia
- He served Destiny Baptist Church for 8 years.
- He guided an unprecedented development of congregational and laity leadership.
- He envisioned and initiated the development of a church owned 33-acre development project called “Destiny Pointe”.
- He led the church in eliminating substantial debt paying existing mortgages and land debt.
Springfield Baptist Church, Washington DC
- Dr. Hickerson currently serves this congregation for more than five years.
- There is a revival of praise and worship in the congregation of Springfield.
- Dr. Hickerson has brought a preaching and teaching plan for optimum spiritual health and growth.
- Dr. Hickerson has implemented a vision for ministry that encourages involvement across generational and gender lines.
- Dr. Hickerson has facilitated the collaboration and partnership among congregations in the Shaw community of Northwest DC.
- Dr. Hickerson has led the church in extending the ministry to Clinton Maryland, establishing a second location for ministry, The Springfield South Campus.
- Dr. Hickerson has introduced a congregationally approved vision plan that will maintain the integrity and legacy of Springfield Baptist Church for at least 50 years.
Rev. Dr. C. Que Hickerson is also the Founder of the Worshiplife Congregation of Martinsburg West Virginia. Dr. Hickerson has taught, licensed and ordained men and women into the gospel ministry. He serves as a mentor to many active and effective ministers and church leaders.
Along with serving the local church, Dr. Hickerson has served the broader community. He has served on many boards and committees to include the following:
- Greater Braddock Ministerial Association, President
- Resurrection Power, Inc., Founder and President
- Berkeley County Branch of the NAACP, President
- Imani Foundation Inc., President
- One Hope Ministries International of West Virginia, Board Member
- Berkley County Board of Education Diversity Committee, Member
- West Virginia State Convention of the Progressive National Baptist Convention, 2nd Vice President
Dr. Hickerson’s ministry is motivated by the words of Jesus:
So Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Mark 10:42-45 (NLT)